Peach Bundt Cake
Some of the links in the post and recipe below may be affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission if you purchase from these links at no cost to you.
Peach season in the South varies by state but between June and September you can normally find fresh peaches at your local grocery store. When I saw peaches on sale, while I was buying bananas for Cooper, I knew I had to make my peach bundt cake. Peaches to me are one of the best tasting fruits when baked. My mamaw made an amazing peach cobbler but unfortunately didn’t write it down and tuck it away in her recipe box like so many she’d done before. I thought it was time to share one of my recipes. The bundt cake used for this can actually be made with or without the peaches as it has a nice vanilla almond flavor. The peach layer in the cake is just enough to give a hint of the peach flavor and not be overpowering. Once you drizzle it with the peach syrup you will be amazed by how moist this cake is.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups peaches pealed and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups peaches pealed and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts. Mix in half of the sour cream until incorporated.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture then continue to alternate the remainder of the sour cream and flour.
- Fill the bundt pan half way with batter, using a spatula to even out the batter. Spread peaches overtop batter and then cover with remainder of batter.
- Place in center rack of over for 40-50 minutes. Watch bundt cake and remove once a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once finished, remove from over and cool on a metal rack for 10 minutes. After pan has cooled remove bundt cake from pan and place on metal rack.
- While the bundt cake is cooling make the peach syrup.
- In a pan whisk all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- While boiling smash the peaches to help extract the juice
- Once sugar is dissolved remove from heat and let cool.
- After completely cooled strain syrup into a small canning jar or Tupperware.
- Once bundt cake is cooled spoon syrup over top before serving.