Banana Nut Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, (I like walnuts)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas, (make sure they are really ripe)
- 2 cups sifted plain powder, (all purpose)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Grease and flour loaf pan.
Cream Crisco, sugar and beaten eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer.
Put banana through ricer (I used a fork for mashing mine), add lemon juice and add to bowl.
Sift flour, salt and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
Add nuts, mix well.
Pour in prepared loaf pan.
Bake at 325 for 45 – 60 minutes. Make sure to check your oven at 45 minutes and see if done.